Aircraft Ground De-icing / Anti-icing Procedures (Basic and Recurrent)
Understand De-icing/Anti-icing operations as required by existing SAE standards and recommendations, aircraft manufacturer’s requirements, perform practical de/anti-icing assessment.
What you will learn:
- Common standards, regulations and recommendations.
- Basic knowledge of airplane performance.
- Terms and definitions, used in de/anti-icing procedures.
- Conditions which can lean to the formation of ice on the airplane.
- Effects of frost, snow, ice and slush on airplane performance.
- Airplane in general and common critical areas.
- Basic characteristics of airplane de/anti-icing fluids, including causes and consequences of fluid degradation, fluid remaining on surfaces, and dried and/or rehydrated residues.
- General techniques for removing deposits of frost, ice, slush and snow from the airplane surfaces and for anti-icing.
- De/Anti-Icing procedures in general and specific measures to be performed on different airplane types.
- Airplane Contamination Check, Post De/Anti-icing Check, Pre-take off check, Pre-take off contamination check of the airplanes.
- De/Anti-icing equipment and facilities operating procedures.
- Personal Safety Precautions and Human Factor.
- Local Emergency Procedures.
- Environmental considerations, e.g. where to de-ice, spill report, hazardous waste control.
- Fluid application guideline tables and limitations. Interpretation of Holdover Time tables.
- De-icing/Anti-icing Codes and Communication procedures.
- Knowledge of the English language concerning de/anti-icing procedures and communication.
- Types of De/Anti-icing fluid quality check. Fluid handling.
- Local rules and restrictions. Airport operational procedures.
- Duties and Responsibilities of the persons, involved in de/anti-icing operations.
- De-icing coordination procedures in general.
Who should attend:
- DI-L10 De-icing Vehicle Driver
- DI-L20 De-icing Operator ( Sprayer)
- DI-L30 Supervision of De-icing/Anti-icing
- DI-L30B Pre- Post De/Anti-icing Inspector
- DI-L80 Flight Crew ( Winter Operations)
- DI-L80B ( Cabin Crew (Icing Awareness)