Fire and Smoke Training Course is developed in accordance with EU-OPS 1.1010, Appendix 1 to OPS 1.1010, Appendix 2 to OPS 1.1005/1.1010/1.1015.
The course covers theoretical and practical training with mixed classroom lectures, “hands on equipment” training and practice on either a representative training device or the actual airplane.
The applicant shall know:
- How to deal promptly with emergencies involving fire and smoke;
- The importance of identifying the actual source of fire and inform the flight crew immediately;
- How to co-ordinate and assist when fire or smoke is discovered;
- The necessity for frequent checking of potential fire-risk areas including toilets and the associated smoke detectors;
- The different types of fire classes and procedures for fire situations;
- The appropriate type of extinguishing agents and the techniques of application including the consequences of misapplication and use in confined space;
- The general procedures of ground based emergency services at aerodromes;
- How to done Protective Breathing Equipment.